04/17: Forbes: Diddy is the Wealthiest Artist in Hip-Hop
Forbes has released The Forbes Five
, a list of the wealthiest artists in hip-hop. This is not to be confused with their annual Hip-Hop Cash Kings list
. This list ranks the top 5 hip-hop artists by net worth.
comes out on top with an estimated net worth of $550 million. Even more interesting is that Zach O'Malley Greenburg
mentions that Diddy will own REVOLT, his new television network
, outright. He suggests that the value of the network, based on projected viewership totals, could be valued in the low-to-mid nine figures within a few years.
The rest of the list:
2. Shawn "Jay-Z" Carter, $460 million
3. Andre "Dr. Dre" Young, $260 million
4. Bryan "Birdman" Williams, $125 million
5. Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson, $110 million
READ BEFORE COMMENTING:
Participation constitutes agreement to our User Guidelines
, which are stricter than most other blogs', so please read them before commenting. No advertising (posting links to your site), inflammatory (flaming) remarks, vulgarities (any kind of profanity that you can imagine) or questions about our guidelines
or comment deletions. We generally try to maintain a family friendly atmosphere here. Please keep this in mind. A few common examples:
- Posting a link to your blog or to any site you are affiliated with will probably get your comment deleted, unless we asked for it or it acts as a TrackBack.
- Asking why your comment was deleted will get your comment deleted. Please contact us instead.
- Attacking a blogger or fellow commenter instead of attacking their point will probably get your comment deleted.
Treat our users and our guidelines
with respect and you'll be fine. As long as you do that, we're happy to have you at the Bad Boy Blog.
Please note that all comments made on entries that are at least 14 days old are moderated.